Oh boy, it gets better.
According to the writer of the article I linked earlier (about the anti-trans sermon by the Goddess Temple of Orange County), the ritual it was attached to was a ritual to Cybele.
The Goddess Cybele? As in “the Goddess with THE single most visible-to-modern-eyes example of an order of transsexual priestesses spreading thousands of years, until they were murdered by the Catholic Church hierarchy who then stole their regalia and their temples?” As in THAT Goddess Cybele? And they used a ritual to Her, to actively disrespect trans women?
… Right now I have NO words to describe how angry I am.
Cissexuals are welcome to worship Cybele all you want, but you CAN NOT claim Her protection and disrespect those of Her priestesses who paid the highest price during the Christian takeover.
Mind digging out a link to the previous article? I looked and didn’t see anyting.
http://traciewelser.com/2012/03/open-letter-to-the-goddess-temple-of-orange-county/ Right here (friendly link). The HPS of the temple in question is is posting to justify herself and pretty much only managing to make things worse.
23 Notes/ Hide
- tal9000 reblogged this from widdershinsgirl
- telegantmess likes this
- wide-worlds-joy reblogged this from widdershinsgirl and added:
- transdashboardconfessional reblogged this from widdershinsgirl and added:
- daisy-bellis reblogged this from widdershinsgirl
- ginandjack likes this
- widdershinsgirl reblogged this from wide-worlds-joy and added:
- smirkingbenevolence likes this
- brujitaxicanita likes this
- southcarolinaboy likes this
- freedominwickedness reblogged this from lucypaw
- iwantpasserbytodestroyme reblogged this from lucypaw
- warminvention likes this
- psionichounds likes this
- lucypaw reblogged this from widdershinsgirl
- lucypaw likes this
- widdershinsgirl posted this