It is about time someone recognized how fundamentally unfair it is to create spaces that separate women based on others’ biases. RF2012 really shot itself in the foot by making it absolutely clear and unavoidable that its trans-exclusion policy existed solely out of bias and for no other reason.
There is no room for debate over whether trans women are legitimately women. We are - and decisions about public inclusion need to be made with that understanding as a guide to our highest principles.
Perhaps we can finally come to the understanding that the idea “all are equal, but some are more equal than others” is an oxymoron.
15 Notes/ Hide
- cctcd likes this
- hollowpikeman reblogged this from tal9000
- hollowpikeman likes this
- telegantmess likes this
- alex-bbd likes this
- tal9000 reblogged this from allecto
- noocyte reblogged this from allecto
- allecto reblogged this from queerliberationist
- ava-marx likes this
- queerliberationist reblogged this from widdershinsgirl
- queerliberationist likes this
- widdershinsgirl posted this