Attorneys for George Zimmmerman, Jr., the Florida man who fatally shot teenager Trayvon Martin earlier this year, are requesting a second bond hearing after they admitted that their client lied to the court about his financial situation, according to Think Progress. The defense team has asked the court to put aside whatever reservations it might have and free their client, an accused murderer who has a second passport and $200,000 at his disposal and who has now, demonstrably, lied in testimony.
Last Friday, Seminole County Circuit Court Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman, who had been released on $150,000 bond, back to jail. The defense team, headed by attorney Mark O’Mara released a statement yesterday through their website, saying that a combination of “fear, mistrust and confusion” drove Zimmerman to lie to the court about his legal defense fund, but that “in all other regards, Mr. Zimmerman has been forthright and cooperative.”
“At the point of the bond hearing,” they wrote, “Mr. Zimmerman had been driven from his home and neighborhood, could not go to work, his wife could not go back to a finish her nursing degree, his mother and father had been driven from their home, and he had been thrust into the national spotlight as a racist murderer by factions acting with their own agendas.”
How this precisely impacted the accused’s ability to recall whether or not he had $200,000 in the bank is unclear. O’Mara insisted to ABC News that the Zimmermans’ lies were warranted and justifiable. “It’s not again like they were trying to hide the money or leave with the money. They just had it… and felt like they needed to secure themselves,” he said.
O’Mara said that Zimmerman, who, said Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, had a “cozy” relationship with local police, is unhappy in jail.
In the wake of his return to jail, donations to Zimmerman’s defense fund have spiked. Contributions have poured in from anonymous donors all over the country, spurred by right wing commentators like Sean Hannity, whose listeners donated more than $60,000 after a show aired drawing attention to the case.
Zimmerman has waived his right to a speedy trial, meaning that if he is denied bail, he could remain in custody until the trial begins in 2013.
Fuck this motherfucker and all those who support him. You can all go drink a cocktail of bleach and antifreeze.
He’s “unhappy in jail”? What the fuck does he think jail is supposed to be? Fuck him.
Someone push this douche down a stairwell.
69 Notes/ Hide
- bluebirdgirl reblogged this from annlarimer
- shorm reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- angelcandybutch reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- sinshine reblogged this from politeyeti
- dont-touch-my-tralala reblogged this from thelittlegrayghost and added:
- widdershinsgirl reblogged this from tal9000 and added:
- tal9000 reblogged this from politeyeti
- politeyeti reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- theteratophile reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- slackeremeritus reblogged this from darkpuck
- morguenightmares reblogged this from polerin
- darkpuck reblogged this from karnythia
- the-watcher-on-the-walls reblogged this from invisiblelad
- albumontem likes this
- crochetadventures likes this
- annlarimer reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- apatheticfan reblogged this from karnythia
- screeching-measel reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- lilylunastardust reblogged this from lesighh
- invisiblelad likes this
- maarnayeri likes this
- lesighh reblogged this from invisiblelad and added:
- midnightparadox likes this
- ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan reblogged this from loungejulius
- rubyvroom likes this
- shortformayhem reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- joisephine said: he needs to accept his fate and just rot
- tomyselfbetrue reblogged this from invisiblelad
- tenliyad reblogged this from karnythia
- tenliyad likes this
- peeingonthethingsyoulove reblogged this from karnythia
- invisiblelad reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- petticoatruler reblogged this from polerin
- btgwpersonalblog reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- queerkhmer likes this
- queerkhmer said: Why the fuck should we give a damn that Zimmerman “is unhappy in jail”? He murdered a kid. /rage
- jhameia reblogged this from karnythia
- leoyardiechick likes this
- brokenimagination likes this
- seanpadilla likes this
- covenesque reblogged this from karnythia
- ottercopter reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever
- covenesque likes this
- thelittlegrayghost reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- rather-facile reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever and added:
- mariavontraphouse reblogged this from thebigblackwolfe and added:
- youonlyliveonce92 reblogged this from karnythia
- thebigblackwolfe reblogged this from karnythia
- polerin reblogged this from karnythia
- karnythia reblogged this from brashblacknonbeliever